Energy Myths and Tips
Here are some myths and tips for using home energy efficiently in the summer from Environmental Protection Online.
Myths — these are wrong and what you actually need to know:
1. Don’t turn your A/C off during the summer because furniture heats up and your A/C has to work harder to cool them off when you do turn it on. Instead, raise the temperature it cuts on.
2. Keep ceiling fans on to reduce the load on your air conditioner.
3. You need to replace windows that let a lot of light in.
1. You can make a big difference in your electricity bill by increasing the temperature a few degrees.
2. If you have a fireplace, make sure the flu is shut to prevent loss of cool air.
3. Replace your A/C filters regularly.
4. Keep your lint filter clean to save electricity.